Saturday 9 Sep 2017
13.00 – 15.00 Abbeyfield House, Abbeyfield Park, S4 7AT.
Burngreave has a significant history going back to mediaeval times and a municipal heritage with its massive population growth in the nineteenth century linked to the railways and the steel works in the lower Don Valley.
- This walk will start, and finish, at Abbeyfield House, Abbeyfield Park, S4 7AT visiting sites and sights old and new from Burngreave’s and Pitsmoor’s past and present along the way.
- The walk is just under 3 miles and there are bus services back to Abbeyfield House along the way!
- Wear trainers or shoes comfy for walking.
- Booking not required (max 50 per tour).
- Refreshments and toilets available at Abbeyfield House before and after.
The map below shows the hills on the route.